Other Business Services
We offer a variety of services to keep your business in compliance with state and local requirements
Regardless of your business form, everyone who conducts a business is required to obtain a business license. Licenses and permit requirements vary by state and locality and by the type of business you conduct.
We research your general business license requirements, obtain the necessary information from you and send the completed form to you with instructions for submitting it to the appropriate agency to obtain your required general business license.
If you're doing business in other states, you may be required to qualify your company to do business. This is a formal registration process required by each state where you're doing business. Failure to qualify when required subjects your company to back taxes, penalties, and interest.
The question of whether a company is "doing business" is both a legal and factual question that is decided on a case-by-case basis in each state based on many factors. We can provide information to help you determine if you are doing business in another state and need to qualify, and we can handle the entire qualification process for you.
All corporations and LLCs and many other entity types formed at the state level are required to designate a registered agent. This is a person or authorized company with a physical presence in the state who can accept service of process or other legal papers or tax notices on behalf of your entity.
We provide registered agent services in all 50 states to handle the receipt of all these documents and promptly forward them to you to handle in a timely fashion.
If you sell or lease merchandise or any personal property, or provide services that are subject to sales taxes you are generally required to obtain a seller's permit. A seller's permit allows you to purchase goods at wholesale and not pay sales taxes on items that will you will resell to the public.
Each business location is required to have its own seller's permit. Our service researches the requirements in your state, completes the application and sends it to you with instructions for submitting it to the appropriate agency to obtain your permit.
As a separate service, we prepare only fully customized, comprehensive, and extremely detailed operating agreements for both member-managed and manager-managed LLCs. Our online questionnaire walks you through a list of all important topics, provides a selection of options for personalizing each topic to your particular business, and produces a very detailed and personalized agreement for review, comment, and any further revisions necessary.
It is essential to have up-to-date corporate minutes in the event of a lawsuit or tax audit. Yet this is one of the most neglected of the required formalities for maintaining the personal liability protection provided by your corporation.
Our MinutesMinder service reviews your formation documents, sets up your database information, and provides you with over 100 different activities to choose from to quickly and easily have customized minutes prepared ready to print out, sign, and place in your minute book.
Most Viewed Articles
- LLC Advantages and Disadvantages
- Using a LLC for Real Estate Investments: Traps for the Unwary
- How to Choose the Right Business Entity
- The Latest New Entity Type: The Series LLC
- Personal Liability and the LLC: Insights from State Statutes and Court Decisions
- Comparing a Limited Liability Company with C and S Corporations
- The Advantages of Incorporating
Your New Entity
5 Steps to Forming Your New Entity
- Quality Check An attorney thoroughly reviews your questionnaire and contacts you to resolve any questions
- Name Availability Check Your requested entity names are checked with your formation state for availability
- Document Filing We prepare and submit your Articles of Incorporation for filing to legally form your new entity
- Final Documents Completed An attorney prepares fully customized final documents and forms based on your package selection
- Unlimited Free Support An attorney is always here to provide assistance and answer questions about your new entity.
Services of an Experienced Attorney at Self-Help Prices!
Michael A. Ross - Founder and President